Friday, February 27, 2009

Sick - of Colds and Snow!

Winter has returned. On Wednesday night it snowed again! The remaining patches of December and January snowfalls had only just melted and the pond ice had started to thaw. We had even managed to spend a few spring-like days in the yard, cleaning up winter's debris. The snowdrops were blooming and crocuses starting to show colour. Tulips and daffodils were erupting. Now they are all covered in SNOW. AGAIN. 

However, since both of us have had colds for the past week or ten days, it doesn't really matter. We have been lolling about on sofas, sleeping, watching cooking shows and CNN and sleeping some more. It is the first time in nearly 35 years that both of us have had colds at the same time. My brain is still not functioning properly, we are both still coughing, sneezing and nose-blowing, but both of us are feeling a bit better and coffee is beginning to taste better than tea!

The Black Prince (Rosie's Boy-Toy) has returned for a ten-day stay while his mother is on a Caribbean cruise. He has had some obedience lessons since his last stay and tries so hard to please. He and Rosie decided to wake us up at about 6 a.m. today. Frank managed to settle them down for about half an hour, but the excitement of a new day was just too much for them and we all got up.

This miserable cold and the few days of nice weather since my last post have meant little or no time spent in my sewing room. The time I did spend in here was re-enacting the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  (Refer to comment regarding brain function.)

However, I managed to spend a good deal of time looking at fibre art sites yesterday and found stitchinfingers. I explored their website and oohed and aahed the different groups' work, so I decided to join. It seems that I should now be adding a link to this blog to my page. I am not sure it is ready for the public domain (or perhaps I should say I am not ready to expose myself to the public domain ...). 

An Artsy Quilty Melty experiment from a few weeks ago. The base is Kunin felt topped with several layers of fused sheers, then melted with the fine tip of the Walnut Hollow heat tool. The turquoise areas are a metallic ribbon attached with fusible thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment