Friday, January 23, 2009

More Excuses!

Another cold, crisp, bright blue Vancouver Island day! I walked past the farm on Cedar Road and stopped to watch the swans. There must have been over 200 of them in the field.  I really must (a) learn to use the new camera and (b) take it with me when I go for walks. The cel phone camera really doesn't cut it! 

My friend Kass says it must be a sign of aging that I have started this blog. However, even though she may be younger than I, she shops on the shopping channel, but she did introduce me to Winners, so I can't be too picky about her shopping habits. Our late friend Susan would not use the the shopping channel because both of us were night owls and she was afraid I would recognize her voice if she called in to buy something. 

The painting of the dining room will commence tomorrow morning. This means that I have to empty the china and curio cabinets (I was planning to clean them anyway ... maybe not imminently, but sometime ...). I think this project may well count as 'using the stash' in that the paint colour has been mixed with paint from previous projects. We have enough orange for several walls, including the sunroom and dining room. We bought a rich creamy, vanillay-caramelly colour for the remaining walls. I think it should look great.  Rather like a very expensive Creamsicle.

The downside is that I probably won't be spending too much time with my artsyquilty stash or this blog for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment