Saturday, January 24, 2009

Prince Visits

Rosie's Boy-Toy Prince, making himself at home on our chair.

I was right yesterday when I said I would not be spending a lot of time playing with artsyquilty stuff. I made myself available to the painter (Frank) to provide ice water, tea, coffee, paint tray cleaning, sanding-dust vacuuming and preparation of really yummy wraps for lunch, and super-yummy roast pork, mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner. He made his own G&T and my V&T when he was finished painting. The final result should be just great, as the Creamsicle colours looks great with the oak furniture.

Anyway, I just settled into artsyquilty mode and had the iron steaming when Helen phoned to let us know that she had a large amount of leftovers from her dinner party tonight and if we liked, she could bring them for dinner tomorrow night. So I guess HER stash will be used before it turns blue and furry in the fridge.

One wall in the dining room is finished with the second coat of orange paint and three other dining room walls have been given their first coat of the vanilla-y/caramelly paint.  Tomorrow's plan is to fill and sand one wall in the living room and finish the remaining second coat in the dining room. No cabinets will be cleaned until ALL sanding has been done - I just can't face the prospect of cleaning them twice. As a matter of fact, ongoing sanding is a great reason to do NO dusting or cleaning ... and I am quite happy not to! 

I shall provide more ice water, tea, coffee, paint tray cleaning and hold the door open for HMc when she gets here with dinner!

Perhaps I should NOT have torn off the ugly wallpaper ... I shall think twice before I do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment