Monday, January 19, 2009

The Beginning

I decided at the beginning of the year that my life was so interesting that I wanted to be reminded of it regularly and the only way I could think to do that was to have a 'rewind' button or read about it after it happened!  

The person who makes my life the most interesting is my husband, Frank.  We have three indoor cats (Haffy, Josie and Cassie) and a Chocolate Lab named Rosie.  We also have two outdoor cats (Barney and Barnet) who moved into the barn earlier this winter.  We feed them, but hardly ever see them.

Anyway .... Frank had been called to Jury Duty today.  Turns out that his services were not required which is unfortunate since he recently took up knitting and calling out "guillotine" Very odd indeed, since he is of Dutch heritage.

And another anyway - my brain has been in  a creative mode for the past two or three weeks.  I really want to be spending my time in my brain, creating things to satisfy my soul.  I joined several Yahoo groups - but I don't yet know what contribution I will be making to these groups. Some of them - nothing.  Others - I am not so sure.  It looks like there are groups for almost any interest. 

My interests include fibre art, canvas work, mixed media, paint, glue, reading.  I have a whole room which I share with the cats' dish so Rosie can't get it, three sewing machines, a serger, a terrific selection of books and magazines in a rosewood bookcase (one of the first pieces of furniture we bought after we got married), a great collection of antique sewing notions and equipment, a cedar chest full of fabric, shelves of paint, pens, pencils, paper, Rubbermaid containers full of stuff, a cd player, a tv and my MacBook and I use Aunty Mary's wonderful teak desk as a sewing table. 

Tomorrow is a day that we should all remember where we were when ... like the Kennedys' assassinations ... John Lennon's death ... Elvis ... Chernobyl ... Vancouver bars and pubs will be open on Sunday .... mother announces that father is remarried and not returning ... and where one was when any other earth-shattering, life-altering announcements that change one's life forever are made.

Our friend Helen is bringing her Black Lab Prince over on Wednesday for one sleep so she can go to Vancouver and he can play with Rosie.

So, we (as in Frank and I) will be watching CNN all day tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment